Concern grows as Bok goes missing
NEWS: Springbok wing Sbu Nkosi has not reported for duty at Loftus Versfeld for about three weeks.
According to media reports, the 26-year-old has not been at the Bulls’ headquarters since November 14.
Nkosi was selected to join the Springbok squad for the November tour to Europe.
However, he missed the trip due to a rib injury he sustained during the United Rugby Championship match against the Sharks.
The Bulls and his family have not been able to make contact with him.
News24 reported that the police has been notified.
Nkosi joined the Bulls ahead of the URC season from the Sharks and had been troubled with injuries.
He also ran into some trouble when he was sent home from the Bulls tour in Ireland after he broke team protocols by missing a meeting in Dublin.
Nkosi subsequently told his employer he would cooperate fully and was again selected before his injury setback.
Bulls Director of rugby Jake White was asked about Nkosi’s whereabouts during Friday’s team announcement press conference with the media.
“The less I say at this stage, the better,” said White.
Meanwhile, the Bulls told rugby365 that an official statement will be issued on Saturday.
*Additional reporting News24