Tue 7 Jun 2016 | 09:41

JUNIOR WORLD CUP: Big guns in crushing victories

JUNIOR WORLD CUP: Big guns in crushing victories
Tue 7 Jun 2016 | 09:41
JUNIOR WORLD CUP: Big guns in crushing victories

England dispatched Six Nations rivals Italy 48-10, with a six tries to one rout.

The Baby Blacks were in more devastating form, crushing European minnows Georgia 55-0 in a nine-try rout.

Those were not the only big wins on an opening day that also produced a few surprises.

South Africa had to come back from a 7-19 deficit against Japan – in a game which, in the first half, suggested the Asian outfit could repeat the shock win their senior brothers produced over the Springboks at the World Cup last year.

However, the Junior Boks produced a clinical second-half performance in which they scored 45 unanswered points for a 59-19 win.

Scotland produced the big upset of the day with a 15-10 win over one of the pre-tournament favourites Australia, while Ireland also produced a stunning comeback to edge Wales 26-25.

Argentina, with a late burst, managed to beat France 24-15.

Junior Springbok coach Dawie Theron praised his team's fighting spirit in their come-from-behind win.

"The first half was a bit of a shock for the guys and I think they didn't really expect that," Theron said of the early lead the Japanese took.

"However, I told them that this is a World Cup, you have to convert your opportunities into points.

"We probably were a little shell-shocked when they scored those three tries, but I am proud of the way the players fought back. Japan played well and they targeted the rucks, which they did not do last year.

"It was a tough lesson for us, but we adapted quickly. I think we regrouped very well as a team after a hard team talk at half-time and we stuck to our structures, which worked in the end."

Ireland coach Nigel Carolan said afterwards that his team gave Wales  three early tries and it was an uphill battle to come back from 3-17 down.

"We regrouped in the last five minutes in that first half, to get the maul try and then just keep possession when the clock was running down. It really just got us back into the game," Carolan said.

"We started the second half as we finished the first, great pressure and we got our nose in front and I thought we looked comfortable.

"Wales really threw the kitchen sink at us and it was great character from our guys to hold on at the end and get a huge win."

All the Day One action!

England 48-10 Italy

England got their World Rugby Under-20 Championship off to a winning start with a six-try victory over Italy at the Manchester City Academy Stadium.

Martin Haag's side led 17-3 at the break with tries from George Nott and Sam Aspland-Robinson as well a conversion each for Theo Brophy Clews and Harry Mallinder, while the Northampton Saints centre also sent over a penalty.

Italy's points came from a long-range drop goal through the boot of Leonardo Mantelli in the first-half as England dominated the second period.

A Mallinder penalty as well as tries for Joe Marchant, a penalty try, Jack Singleton, Zach Mercer – their fifth different scorer of the game – gave them an unassailable lead.

Mallinder also sent over two second-half conversions as did Max Malins and while Italy had the final say of the game with a late converted try through Lorenzo Robin Masselli's the match belonged to England – winning 48-10.

The game sparked into life courtesy of a superb try from flanker Nott who surged through Italy's midfield from inside his own half and showed great pace to touch down under the posts.

Italy came back into the game, knocking-on with the line at their mercy before Mantelli's drop goal reduced the deficit while Matteo Minozzi also missed a penalty soon after.

England who ended the half strongly with Mallinder showing great vision to send a cross-field kick to the right corner for Aspland-Robinson to collect and touch down in the corner. Mallinder converted and added a penalty just before the break to give England a 14-point lead.

The Northampton centre sent over a second penalty for 20-3 while great handling by England in midfield resulted in an overlap for Marchant who outpaced the Italy defence to go in on the right wing for a second converted try.

England were then awarded a penalty try after a scrum infringement in the corner which Mallinder converted for 34-3 to give them a four-try bonus point and there was more to come with Singleton crashing over off the back of a driving maul which Malins converted.

Will Stuart showed incredible strength to hold off several Italian tackles before touching down in the corner for what was initially awarded as a try but then later ruled out for a knock on by the Television Match Official, but minutes later Mercer crashed over under the posts which Malins converted.

Italy scored their first try in the final moments of the game with Robin Masselli going over in the corner which Mantelli converted for 48-10

The scorers:

For England:
Marchant, Aspland-Robinson, Mercer, Nott, Singleton, Penalty try
Cons: Mallinder 3, Brophy Clews, Malins 2
Pens: Mallinder 2

For Italy:
DG: Mantelli


England: 15 Darren Atkins, 14 Sam Aspland-Robinson, 13 Joe Marchant, 12 Harry Mallinder (captain), 11 Ollie Thorley, 10 Theo Brophy-Clews, 9 Max Green, 8 Callum Chick, 7 Jack Willis, 6 George Nott, 5 Huw Taylor, 4 Andrew Kitchener, 3 Billy Walker, 2 Jack Singleton, 1 Tom West.
Replacements: 16 Jack Walker, 17 Lewis Boyce, 18 Will Stuart, 19 Zach Mercer, 20 Josh Bainbridge, 21 Harry Randall, 22 Johnny Williams, 23 Max Malins.

Italy: 15 Matteo Minozzi, 14 Dario Schiabel, 13 Roberto Dal Zilio, 12 Marco Zanon, 11 Luca Sperandio, 10 Leonardo Mantelli, 9 Riccardo Raffaele, 8 Giovanni Licata, 7 Giovanni Pettinelli, 6 Lorenzo Robin Masselli, 5 Leonardo Krumov, 4 Davide Fragnito (captain), 3 Marco Riccioni, 2 Engjel Makelara, 1 Daniele Rimpelli.
Replacements: 16 Damiano Borean, 17 Niccolò Broglia, 18 Giosuè Zilocchi, 19 Samuel Ortis, 20 Davide Ciotoli, 21 Matteomaria Panunzi, 22 Andrea Bronzini, 23 Lorenzo Masato.

Referee: Juan Sylvestre (Argentina)
Assistant referees: Craig Evans (Wales), John Meredith (England)
TMO: John Mason (Wales)

New Zealand 55-0 Georgia

New Zealand have started the defence of their World Rugby Under-20 crown in commanding style with a 55-0 win over Georgia in Manchester.

In an impressive all round display, New Zealand ran in nine tries with wings Caleb Makene and Jonah Lowe both crossing for doubles.

Playing against the newly promoted Georgia, New Zealand raced to a 14-0 lead after eight minutes through tries to Shaun Stevenson and Caleb Makene to put Georgia on the back foot.

Georgia backed up their reputation as set piece specialists by edging the bigger New Zealand scrum to gain some parity for a 20 minute period before New Zealand lifted the tempo.

In a clinical double strike, scrumhalf Sam Nock raced to the line following some classy ball movement from his forward pack. Then straight from the kick-off, New Zealand secured the bonus point try as Jordie Barrett chipped through for Jonah Lowe to score a vital blow.

Georgia toiled hard for the remainder of the half but struggled to keep up with New Zealand's quick ball movement and counter attack. Caleb Makene crossed for his brace on the stroke of halftime following an offload from the dangerous fullback Shaun Stevenson to make it 31-0 at the break.

The rain came down in the second half but didn't affect the scoring as New Zealand ran in four second half tries for the convincing victory. Replacements Malo Tuitama, Steven Perofeta and Hapakuki Moala-Liava'a showed that New Zealand have plenty of impact off the bench by making a number of effective runs and helping to keep Georgia scoreless.

Hard working flanker Mitchell Jacobsen was rewarded with the man of the match award to show that he will be one to watch at this tournament.

Next up for New Zealand is Ireland on Saturday, June 11.

The scorers:

For New Zealand:
Jacobson, Lowe 2, Makene 2, Moala-Liava'a, Nock, Tuitama, Stevenson
Cons: Barrett 4, Perofeta

For Georgia:


New Zealand: 15 Shaun Stevenson, 14 Caleb Makene, 13 Patelesio Tomkinson, 12 Jordie Barrett, 11 Jonah Lowe, 10 TJ Va'a, 9 Sam Nock, 8 Marino Mikaele-Tu'u, 7 Mitchell Jacobson, 6 Luke Jacobson, 5 Isaia Walker-Leawere, 4 Quinten Strange, 3 Sosefo Kautai, 2 Leni Apisai (captain), 1 Ayden Johnstone.
Replacements: 16 Asafo Aumua, 17 Shaun Stodart, 18 Alex Fidow, 19 Hamish Dalzell, 20 Hapakuki Moala-Liava'a, 21 Jonathan Taumateine, 22 Stephen Perofeta, 23 Malo Tuitama.

Georgia: 15 Irakli Svanidze, 14 Davit Meskhi, 13 Giorgi Koshadze, 12 Sandro Iluridze, 11 Sandro Merkvilishvili, 10 Davit Modzgvrishvili, 9 Vasil Lobzhanidze, 8 Beka Gorgadze, 7 Giorgi Tsutskiridze, 6 Irakli Tskhadadze, 5 Demur Epremidze, 4 Mikheil Babunashvili, 3 Giorgi Melikidze, 2 Lasha Sajaia, 1 Nika Neparidze.
Replacements: 16 Tornike Mataradze, 17 Giga Khuroshvili, 18 Lasha Tabidze, 19 Giorgi Javakhia, 20 Beka Gorgadze, 21 Gela Aprasidze, 22 Rati Shanidze, 23 Guram Kandaurashvili.

Referee: Andrew Brace (Ireland)
Assistant referees: Craig Maxwell-Keys (England), Andrew Jackson (England)
TMO: David Grashoff (England)

Australia 10-15 Scotland

Scotland scored a 15-10 win over Australia in their opening match of the World Rugby Junior Championship in Salford.

Australia were reduced to 14 men with Campbell Magnay receiving two yellow cards, the second coming early in the second half, that proved to be the tipping point for Australia  who were unable to overcome a strong Scotland side.

Starting the match the Aussies made use of their sizeable weight advantage in the scrum count from the first engagement, earning a penalty from the opening contest.

Scotland's set piece improved earning the Scots a penalty that yielded the first points of the match.

Australia avoided any extra punishment while a man down with Campbell Magnay in the sin bin and actually dominated possession and territory but errors stopped them from getting on top.

Ultimately the weight of possession spelled a try for Australia, with Izack Rodda crashing through the Scottish defence in the 25th minute.

Fullback Jack Maddocks diffused a Scotland chance just after half-time but Magnay's red card opened up an opportunity for Scotland prop Zander Fagerson, driving over for a 47th minute try.

Australia piled the pressure on despite being a man down, with flyhalf Mack Mason putting them back in the lead with a 56th minute penalty.

Scotland snatched back the lead in the 64th minute, with Darcy Graham streaking through Australia's defence for what was ultimately the match-winning try.

Australia looked back to their scrum to try and clinch a last-gasp victory, opting for repeat scrums deep in Scotland territory, where they were dominating the men in blue.

It very nearly paid off, with Simon Kennewell looking to score, but his possible try was ruled out after he put his foot into touch.

Ultimately Scotland was able to hold on and clear the ball into touch, leaving the final score at 10-15.  

The scorers:

For Australia:
Con: Mason
Pen: Mason

For Scotland:
Fagerson, Graham
Con: Hastings
Pen: Hastings


Australia: 15 Jack Maddocks, 14 Simon Kennewell, 13 Campbell Magnay, 12 Nick Jooste, 11 Liam McNamara, 10 Mack Mason, 9 James Tuttle (captain), 8 Maclean Jones, 7 Liam Wright, 6 Angus Scott-Young, 5 Izack Rodda, 4 Ryan McCauley, 3 Tyrel Lomax, 2 Jordan Uelese, 1 Vunipola Fifita.
Replacements: 16 Josh Taylor, 17 Richie Asiata, 18 Sham Vui, 19 Harry Hocking, 20 Rob Leota, 21 Harry Nucifora, 22 Jordan Jackson-Hope, 23 Liam Jurd.

Scotland: 15 Blair Kinghorn,14 Darcy Graham, 13 Rory Hutchinson, 12 Tom Galbraith, 11 Ben Robbins, 10 Adam Hastings, 9 Hugh Fraser, 8 Jamie Ritchie, 7 Matt Smith, 6 Lewis Wynne, 5 Scott Cummings (captain), 4 Andrew Davidson, 3 Zander Fagerson, 2 Jake Kerr, 1 Murray McCallum.
Replacements: 16 Lewis Anderson, 17 Dan Elkington, 18 Callum Sheldon, 19 Alex Craig, 20 Ally Miller, 21 Charlie Shiel, 22 George Taylor, 23 Cameron Gray.

Referee: Thomas Charabas (France)
Assistant referees: Ian Tempest (England), Paul Dix (England)
TMO: Stuart Terheege (England)

Wales 25-26 Ireland

Ireland erased a 17-point first half deficit to claim a stunning win over highly-rated Wales in their championship opener.

The crowd at the Manchester City Academy Stadium witnessed an absolute classic match, with tries from Adam McBurney and Jacob Stockdale – just before half-time – sparkling Ireland's enthralling comeback.

Ulster starlet Stockdale crossed again in the 68th minute, adding to debutant flyhalf Bill Johnston's vital kicking haul of 11 points.

Wales, who won a first ever Under-20 Six Nations Grand Slam earlier this year, picked up a late bonus point try through Keelan Giles, but replacement Jarrod Evans missed the conversion from out wide on the left and Ireland stood firm for a confidence-boosting one-point victory.

Spurred on by two-try fullback Stockdale and hard-carrying, soft-offloading No.8 Max Deegan, who won the man-of-the-match award, Nigel Carolan's young side deservedly prevailed on the tournament's opening night, and will have to recover quickly from this bruising battle ahead of Saturday's showdown with defending champions New Zealand.

However, Ireland can ill-afford a similarly sluggish start against New Zealand, as Scarlets flyhalf Daniel Jones inspired an early 17-point surge from Wales.

Jones miscued his first shot at the posts in the third minute, but the young Dragons' pace off the mark was evident in both defence and attack. Ireland took their time to settle and were not helped by a shoulder injury which ended prop Conor Kenny's involvement after just six minutes.

Wales built forward pressure from a scrum penalty and line-out maul, and then flanker Shaun Evans managed to scramble over for a try from a close-in ruck. Jones' conversion attempt came back off the post.

The opening quarter ended with Ireland 17-0 in arrears, Jones pulling the strings with a couple of high quality try assists. His cross-field kick allowed winger Giles to slip past Matthew Byrne on the left touchline and touch down, and then Jones countered from 40 metres out and passed for Reuben Morgan-Williams to step inside his opposite number Stephen Kerins and score to the right of the posts.

After Jones had opened his scoring account with the conversion, Ireland pressed from successive penalties in the Welsh 22 and Munster Academy member Johnston dinked a drop goal over for 17-3.

line-out errors dogged both sides before an opportunist kick chase up the left wing from Shane Daly almost led to an Irish try. Harri Millard managed to get back in time to deny the Cork Constitution centre.

Barely a minute later, Stockdale brilliantly shrugged off Giles near the Irish posts to launch a promising counter from deep with Daly again involved, this time a shoulder-led challenge by Daniel Jones resulted in a close range penalty.

Ireland hunted for an elusive try, Andrew Porter missing out with a double movement before a subsequent maul saw his front row colleague McBurney pile over from a well-executed line-out maul.

Johnston's missed conversion left nine points in it, yet the gap was down to just two by the interval as Carolan's resilient charges swiftly pocketed a second try.

Using a penalty advantage entering injury-time and with Cillian Gallagher, Porter and McBurney all prominent up front, the ball was moved wide to the right where Conor O'Brien cut past two defenders and passed for Stockdale to finish off. Johnston added a crisp conversion with the final kick of a topsy-turvy half.

Scoreless since the 20th minute, Jones got Wales back on track with an early penalty on the resumption, although Johnston was quick to respond with a terrific strike from near the 10-metre line.

But Ireland maintained their momentum from the second quarter, with Stephen Kerins playing a key role from scrum half. An excellent catch by winger Byrne from a Johnston kick launched one of their best collective attacking spells as captain James Ryan, his second row partner Gallagher, Porter and Deegan all carried forcefully.

Welsh indiscipline close to their whitewash saw Johnston boot Ireland in front for the first time at 21-20, and some sparkling link-up play between Deegan and Daly almost led to a breakout try soon after.

The error count increased at the tail-end of a largely scrappy third quarter, although a determined Stockdale showed his ability with a fine piece of fielding and a break from his own half.

One area where Wales looked stronger was the scrum, but just when they were beginning to threaten with ball in hand, Lansdowne clubman Deegan got over a ruck ball to win a relieving 65th minute penalty.

A leg-pumping drive from Stockdale forced Wales to infringe once more at the breakdown, and it was the big full-back who completed a smashing team try just minutes later, excellent hands from Deegan, Ryan and McBurney feeding Conor O'Brien whose looped pass put Stockdale over in the left corner.

Johnston was unable to convert from the touchline but Ireland were now on the cusp of a tremendous result, matching their efforts from February's thrilling Six Nations comeback triumph away to England.

There was still work to be done, though, defending a six-point lead with just under ten minutes remaining. Wales suddenly began to look dangerous once more, bustling centre Millard punching holes with a powerful burst up the right.

Some clever distribution created the space for the nippy Giles to squeeze over by the left corner flag. With TMO input, the 78th minute score was awarded, but Evans failed with the very difficult conversion attempt.

In a tense closing two minutes, Wales tried to break out of their own half, only to be met by an unyielding Irish defence. A Greg Jones tackle dislodged the ball from Welsh hands and forced them back to their 22 before a final knock-on from try scorer Giles sparked jubilant Irish celebrations.


For Wales:
Evans, Giles 2, Morgan-Williams
Con: Jones
Pen: Jones

For Ireland:
McBurney, Stockdale 2
Con: Johnston
Pens: Johnston 2
DG: Johnston


Wales: 15 Rhun Williams, 14 Tom Williams, 13 Joe Thomas, 12 Harri Millard, 11 Keelan Giles, 10 Daniel Jones, 9 Reuben Morgan-Williams, 8 Corey Domachowski, 7 Dafydd Hughes, 6 Dillon Lewis, 5 Shane Lewis-Hughes, 4 Adam Beard, 3 Tom Phillips (captain), 2 Shaun Evans, 1 Harrison Keddie.
Replacements:  16 Liam Belcher, 17 Rhys Fawcett, 18 Leon Brown, 19 Seb Davies, 20 Josh Macleod, 21 Declan Smith, 22 Jarrod Evans, 23 Billy McBryde.

Ireland: 15 Jacob Stockdale, 14 Matthew Byrne, 13 Shane Daly, 12 Conor O'Brien, 11 Hugo Keenan, 10 Bill Johnston, 9 Stephen Kerins, 8 Andrew Porter, 7 Adam McBurney, 6 Conor Kenny, 5 Cillian Gallagher, 4 James Ryan (captain), 3 Greg Jones, 2 David Aspil, 1 Max Deegan.
Replacements: 16 Vincent O'Brien, 17 Vakh Abdaladze, 18 Ben Betts, 19 Sean O'Connor, 20 Kelvin Brown, 21 Niall Saunders, 22 Johnny McPhillips, 23 Jimmy O'Brien.

Referee: Paul Williams (New Zealand)
Assistant referees: Cwengile Jadezweni (SARU), Phil Watters (England)
TMO: Trevor Fisher (England)

South Africa 59-19 Japan

Powerful flank and Man of the Match Zain Davids and SA U20 captain Jeremy Ward (centre) both scored a brace of tries each, as the Junior Springboks overcame a slow start to record a convincing win in their opening match.

Fullback Curwin Bosch was flawless with the boot as he slotted all eight conversions and a long-range penalty for a personal tally of 19 points.

Such was the quality of the team's second half performance, they denied Japan from adding to their score.

A series of handling errors and turnovers in the opening exchanges denied the Junior Springboks from taking advantage of their territorial advantage. However, they made a breakthrough in the ninth minute when Davids forced his way through a gap in the midfield and dashed to the tryline for the first points of the match. Bosch converted to hand the team a 7-0 lead.

Japan hit back with a try by wing Ataata Moeakiola who raced to the tryline after breaking through the defence, which they converted to level the scores. A few minutes later, following a great cross kick following a series of pick-and-goes, saw Moeakiola score his second try to see the Japanese take a 14-7 lead.

The Junior Boks were dealt a big blow soon after as wing Sibusiso Nkosi received a yellow card for a dangerous tackle. Japan took full advantage of this, with Moeakiola earning his hat-trick in the 30th minute after dancing his way through the defence out wide to see his team take a 19-7 lead.

South Africa replied by applying pressure on attack, and there were soon equal numbers as Japanese flank Faulua Makisi received a yellow card. Junior Springbok centre JT Jackson had the last say in the half as he snapped up a chip kick from flyhalf Manie Libbok in the 36th minute to touch down for the team's second try, which reduced the deficit to 19-14 shortly before the break.

The South Africans came out firing in the second half and applied pressure on Japan immediately, which allowed Ward to score their third try compliments of a fantastic break by Davids and a well-timed pass by Libbok. Bosch converted to hand the team a 21-19 lead.

Davids' hard work paid off again in the 44th minute after a dummy pass and straightened, which saw him cruise to the tryline for his second try of the match.

Ward added his second try four minutes later after Libbok intercepted and ran up-field before passing out wide to take advantage of the space. Bosch converted for a 35-19 lead and then added along-range penalty from 51m out in the 55th minute to stretch the team's lead.

Ward and his team continued to inflict damage as the match progressed, with Libbok sneaking through a hole in the defence in the 63rd minute to touch down for the team's sixth try, while speedster Mosolwa Mafuma added another in the 70th minute to take their score to 52 points.

Japan showed their fighting spirit as the clock continued to wind down, but their efforts to score were negated by the determined Junior Springbok defence.

In stark contrast to their Japanese counterparts, the South African's continued to use their try-scoring chances as they completed the match with a try by replacement prop Carlü Sadie, which Bosch converted to secure a morale-boosting 59-19 victory.


For South Africa:
Davids 2, Jackson, Ward 2, Libbok, Mafuma, Sadie
Cons: Bosch 8
Pen: Bosch

For Japan:
Moeakiola 3
Cons: Kanai 2


Japan: 15 Takuhei Yasuda, 14 Ataata Moeakiola,  13 Shintaro Nagatomi,  12 Doga Maeda,  11 TomoyaYamamura,  10 Taisetsu Kanai,  9 Daiki Nakajima,  8 Tevita Tatafu,  7 Masato Furukawa (captain),  6 Faulua Makisi, 5 Daichi Akiyama, 4 Tatsunari Fujita, 3 Shosuke Tashiro, 2 Yoshiaki Takeuchi, 1 Ryosuke Iwaihara
Replacements: 16 Naoto Saito, 17 Keiichi Kaneko, 18 Taku Toma, 19 Ryo Inoue, 20 Taichi Mano, 21 Ken  Saito, 22 Soki Watanabe, 23 Ren Takano

South Africa: 15 Curwin Bosch, 14 Sibusiso Nkosi, 13 Jeremy Ward (captain), 12 JT Jackson, 11 Mosolwa Mafuma, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 James Hall, 8 Junior Pokomela, 7 Ernst van Rhyn, 6 Zain Davids, 5 Eli Snyman, 4 Cobus Wiese, 3 Jaco Holtzhausen, 2 Tango Balekile, 1 Kwenzo Blose.  
Replacements: 16 Franco van den Berg, 17 Jan-Henning Campher, 18 Carlü Sadie, 19 Ruben de Villiers, 20 Denzel Hill, 21 Embrose Papier, 22 Franco Naude, 23 Keanu Vers.

Referee: Elia Rizzo (Italy)
Assistant referees: Craig Evans (Wales), John Meredith (England)
TMO: John Mason (Wales)

France 15-24 Argentina

Argentina kicked off their Junior World Cup with a hard-fought 24-15 victory over France at the AJ Bell Stadium in Salford on Tuesday.

Trailing 6-8 at half-time thanks to a try from scrumhalf Antoine Dupont and a Anthony Belleau penalty, France held the slight upper hand.

Argentina's response came via two Domingo Miotti penalties and that was how things stayed until the 51st minute in a tight opening clash.

But then a penalty try pushed France 6-15 up before Martín Elías cut the gap to three points with two penalties with 16 minutes remaining.

Argentina kicked on in the closing stages with converted tries from Lautaro Bazán and Bautista Stávile sealing their come-from-behind win.

The scorers:

For France:
Dupont, Penalty try
Con: Belleau
Pen: Belleau

For Argentina:
Bazan Velez, Stavile Bravin
Con: Elias
Pens: Miotti 2, Elias 2


France: 15 Romain Buros, 14 Martin Laveau, 13 Eliott Roudil, 12 Atila Septar, 11 Gabriel Ngandebe, 10 Anthony Belleau, 9 Antoine Dupont, 8 Anthony Jelonch, 7 Judicaël Cancoriet, 6 Matthieu Voisin, 5 Mathieu Tanguy, 4 Florian Verhaeghe, 3 Michael Simutoga, 2 Etienne Fourcade, 1 Clément Castets.
Replacements: 16 Peato Mauvaka, 17 Quentin Walcker, 18 Emerick Setiano, 19 Theo Hannoyer, 20 Alexandre Roumat, 21 Baptiste Couilloud, 22 Romuald Seguy, 23 Olivier Klemenczak.

Argentina: 15 Bautista Delguy, 14 Tomás Malanos, 13 Juan Cruz Mallía, 12 Teo Castiglioni, 11 Julián Domínguez, 10 Domingo Miotti, 9 Patricio Baronio, 8 Vicente Boronat, 7 Mariano Romanini, 6 Benito Paolucci (captain), 5 Ignacio Calas, 4 Marcos Kremer, 3 Santiago Medrano, 2 Gaspar Baldunciel, 1 Juan Pablo Enríquez.
Replacements: 16 Román Pretz por Baldunciel, 17 Santiago Pulella por Enríquez, 18 Rubén Ricco por Medrano, 19 Franco Molina por Calas, 20 Bautista Stávile por Paolucci, 21 Lautaro Bazán por Baronio, 22 Martín Elías por Miotti, 23 Nicolás Osadczuk por Mallía
Referee: Graham Cooper (Australia)
Assistant referees: Craig Maxwell-Keys (England), Peter Allan (England)
TMO: David Grashoff (England)

PV: 2

Junior World Cup: Big Guns In Crushing Victories | Rugby365