Gatland reveals his backroom staff
NEWS: British and Irish Lions coach Warren Gatland has named the backroom staff for the 2021 Lions Series in South Africa.
They will also partake in a one-off match against Japan at Murrayfield on Saturday, June 26.
“I am thrilled to have secured a world-class performance team,” said Gatland.
“For obvious reasons the tour to South Africa will be a bit different.
“It will present a number of unique challenges, not only for the players, but the staff too – who all work so incredibly hard behind the scenes.
“I feel reassured when I see the calibre and experience of each individual I have been able to assemble, and I know that whatever challenges we may face on Tour we’ll deal with them in the best way possible.
“I would like to extend my thanks and gratitude to the four home unions for the flexibility and cooperation they have shown in releasing their employees.”
(Continue below …)
* Prabhat Mathema – Head of Medical (WRU)
* Dr Geoff Davies – Doctor (WRU)
* Dr Ciaran Cosgrave – Doctor (IRFU)
* Bob Stewart – Physio (RFU)
* John Miles – Physio (WRU)
* Ann-Marie Birmingham – Soft tissue therapist (RFU)
* Hanlie Fouche – Soft tissue therapist (WRU)
Strength & Conditioning
* Paul Stridgeon – Head of Strength & Conditioning (WRU)
* Jon Clarke – Strength & Conditioning Coach (RFU)
* Huw Bennett – Strength & Conditioning Coach (WRU)
* Brian Cunniffe – Sports Scientist (English Institute of Sport)
* Rhodri Bown – Head of Analysis (WRU)
* Vinny Hammond – Analyst (IRFU)
* Marc Kinnaird – Analyst (WRU)
* Gavin Vaughan – Analyst (SRU)