Get Newsletter

Kings get some serious firepower back

Kings coach Deon Davids confirmed that there were no additional "serious" injuries during the 20-34 loss to the Cheetahs at the weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

However, prop Schalk Ferreira, lock and captain Steven Sykes, as well as prop Justin Ackerman would be available for selection for the match against the Sharks in Durban this coming Saturday.

"John-Charles Astle is currently out with a bit of flu and is at home on bed rest, but should be fine by the weekend," Davids said.Kings get some serious firepower back

The coach added that Sithembiso Sithole had been admitted to hospital for an appendectomy, and would be out for a further six weeks.

Loose forward Cyril-John Velleman, who broke his thumb during the Blues match, underwent a successful operation last week and would be available for selection in five weeks' time.

"[Fellow loose forward Chris] Cloete has also been for further scans to his knee and is expected to be out for the next three to six months," the coach said.

He will be going for an operation later in the week," said Davids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Davids said the medical team would also be evaluating Stefan Watermeyer during the week to see how he had recovered from a tendon strain in his foot during the Blues game.

Kings get some serious firepower back

Join free

Boks Office | Episode 39 | The Investec Champions Cup is back

Argentina v France | HSBC SVNS Hong Kong 2025 | Men's Match Highlights

New Zealand v Australia | HSBC SVNS Hong Kong 2025 | Women's Match Highlights

Tokyo Sungoliath vs Shizuoka BlueRevs | Japan Rugby League One 2024/25 | Full Match Replay

Reds vs Force | Super Rugby W 2025 | Full Match Replay

The Rise of Kenya | The Report

New Zealand in Hong Kong | Brady Rush | Sevens Wonders | Episode 4

The Fixture: How This Rugby Rivalry Has Lasted 59 Years

Write A Comment