Lambie in no rush to decide future
REACTION: Springboks and Sharks flyhalf Patrick Lambie said he needs to make a full recovery from concussion symptoms before he makes a decision on his playing future.
According to French newspaper, Midi Olympique, Lambie has agreed to a three-year deal with Racing. However, in response, the flyhalf called it a rumour and he rather wanted to focus on his recovery
"Despite some rumours, I need to get fit and be cleared to play again before making any decisions on the future," said Lambie in a tweet on Monday.
Lambie is unlikely to play again this year - the result of a second lengthy-concussion related lay-off in the past 12 months.
Lambie has been out of action since May 13 when he collided with teammate Rhyno Smith during the Sharks' 32-35 defeat to the Southern Kings.
There have been concerns about Lambie's future in the game, especially after his massive collision with Ireland's Christiaan Stander in June last year - which sidelined Lambie for four months.