Get Newsletter

Forward duo to end England careers with Toulon move

NEWS: England forwards Kyle Sinckler and Lewis Ludlam will join Toulon on three-year deals next season, the French club’s president Bernard Lemaitre said on Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Bristol prop Sinckler, 31, made the last of his 68 appearances for his country at last year’s World Cup.

Northampton loose forward Ludlam, 28, also featured at the tournament, claiming his 25th and final cap in the third-place play off with both missing out on selection during this year’s Six Nations.

The pair’s move to the three-time Champions Cup winners will end their England aspirations, with head coach Steve Borthwick unable to select players based with clubs abroad.

“They are two good signings who will complete our forward pack for many years,” Lemaitre told AFP.

“They respond to the profiles we’re looking for in our recruitment, we’re trying to have higher expectations on mentality, behaviour and lifestyle of players like their impressive compatriot Dave Ribbans,” he added.

Toulon, who won the last of their four French titles in 2014, head to Bayonne in the league on Sunday sitting fifth in the table with seven rounds of the regular season remaining.

ADVERTISEMENT

Join free

Fresh Starts | Episode 1 | Will Skelton

ABBIE WARD: A BUMP IN THE ROAD

Aotearoa Rugby Podcast | Episode 8

James Cook | The Big Jim Show | Full Episode

New Zealand victorious in TENSE final | Cathay/HSBC Sevens Day Three Men's Highlights

New Zealand crowned BACK-TO-BACK champions | Cathay/HSBC Sevens Day Three Women's Highlights

Japan Rugby League One | Steelers v Sungoliath | Full Match Replay

Rugby Europe Women's Championship | Netherlands v Spain

Write A Comment