Have a laugh with some of our Funny Friday jokes
LAUGH A LITTLE: We could all use a little laugh every now and then, so we bring some funny – and some not so funny – jokes about our favourite sports.
1. What rugby position does Stevie Wonder play? Blindside flank
2. I almost scored 5 points in our rugby game yesterday. It was a nice try
3. They’ve invented a new version of rugby where only people who wear glasses can play it. It’s a non-contact sport.
4. So I’ve just been watching the World Cup, must be really difficult to be a referee in Russia. Whenever they say the put in isn’t straight, they get arrested.
5. Once you’ve seen one rugby joke…You’ve seen a maul.
6. Went to a rugby referee’s retirement recently. It was a good send off.
7. A rugby referee died and went to heaven. Stopped by St Peter at the gates he was told that only brave people who had performed heroic deeds and had the courage of their convictions could enter. If the ref could describe a situation in his life where he had shown these characteristics, he would be allowed in.
“Well,” said the ref, “I was reffing a game between The Bulls and The Sharks at Loftus Versfeld. The Bulls were 2 points ahead, 1 minute to go. The Sharks wing made a break, passed inside to his lock. The lock was driven on by his forwards, passed out to the flanker who ducked blind and went over in the corner. However, the flanker dropped the ball before he could ground it, and as The Sharks were clearly the better side all game, I ruled that he had dropped the ball down, not forward, and awarded the try.”
“OK, that was fairly brave of you, but I will have to check it in the book,” says Peter, and disappears to look it up. When he comes back he says, “Sorry, there is no record of this. Can you help me to trace it? When did all this happen?”
The ref looked at his watch and replied “45 seconds ago.”
8. Eddie Jones takes the Wallabies out for a training run and first up he tells everyone to assume their normal position. So they all go and stand behind they goalposts and wait for the conversion.
9. What do you get if you cross rugby and the invisible man? Rugby like no-one has ever seen.
Do you have any rugby jokes to share? get involved in the comments.