Rugby quiz: Bet you can't get 50 percent
BRAINTEASER: @rugby365com‘s quizmaster Paul Dobson has decided the last few were a bit ‘too easy’ and raised the bar with this one.
Can you get at least 50 percent?
Try and give your own answers and not those of your ‘friend’ Google!
You will see your score at the end of the quiz and can challenge your friends and rivals.
We will provide the answers to this quiz in the next one, so you can see what the correct answers were.
Nobody needs to know your score except you yourself, but it may stimulate an interest in rugby’s history.
Good luck and enjoy!
1. At what ground was the first match of the 1995 World Cup played?
2. Name the player who kicked off to start the very first match of the 1995 Rugby World Cup.
3. The highest score by a team at the 1995 World Cup was 145, scored by New Zealand. Who were the defeated opponents?
4. What was the name of the referee of the World Cup final?
5. In what city did France and South Africa meet in the semifinal?
6. What was the last infringement in the final of the 1995 World Cup?
7. How many tries did Jonah Lomu score against England in the semifinal?
8. Name the manager of the Springbok team at the 1995 World Cup.
9. How many points did Joel Stransky score in the 1995 World Cup final?
10. Who said: “Sport has the power to change the world. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair. It is more powerful than government in breaking down racial barriers.”
2. Michael Lynagh
4. Ed Morrison
8. Morné du Plessis
10. Nelson Mandela