Rugby quiz: Do you know the Rainbow Warrior?
BRAINTEASER: @rugby365com‘s quizmaster Paul Dobson has returned, by popular demand, with another selection of arresting posers to test your rugby knowledge.
So many of you scored above 50 percent last time, we expect a whole bunch of 100 full-marks!
Try and give your own answers and not those of your ‘friend’ Google!
You will see your score at the end of the quiz and can challenge your friends and rivals.
We will provide the answers to this quiz in the next one, so you can see what the correct answers were.
Nobody needs to know your score except you yourself, but it may stimulate an interest in rugby’s history.
Good luck and enjoy!
1. Name the doctor who played for the Stormers in 2020 and then went to Wales to help in the battle against the coronavirus.
2. Name the centre who captained the 1949 All Blacks.
3. Which country won the World Rugby Under-20 Championship in 2019?
4. Which country is known in French as Paye de Galles?
5. Which African country played in the 1987 Rugby world Cup?
6. In his heyday Jackie Kyle was regarded as the best flyhalf in the world. Which country did he play for?
7. Which country’s emblem can be described as “a flowering plant characterised by leaves with sharp prickles on the margins”?
8. Dr Craven played for and coached South Africa and he was the first executive president of the unified South African Rugby Football Union. What was his first name?
9. Which New Zealand city is home to the Hurricanes?
10. Which Springbok scored in all four ways (try, conversion, penalty and drop) against Australia in the opening match of the 1995 Rugby World Cup?
1. Jamie Roberts
2. Fred Allen
10. Joel Stransky