Rugby quiz: Easy, but can you get 10/10?
BRAINTEASER: @rugby365com‘s oracle Paul Dobson has decided to ‘ease up’, after complaints that the quizzes were ‘too difficult’ for the readers.
Can you finally get 10 out of 10?
You will see your score at the end of the quiz and can challenge your friends and rivals.
We will provide the answers to this quiz in the next one, so you can see what the correct answers were.
Be honest and do it on your own and get your own score, not Google’s answers! Nobody needs to know your score except you yourself, but it may stimulate an interest in rugby’s history.
PS: It is a timed quiz, so cheating and making use of Google to search for answers will see you being timed out!
Good luck and enjoy!
1. He played rugby for England and captained South Africa at cricket.
2. He captained England at rugby and played cricket for South Africa.
3. He captained Fylde, England and the B&I Lions.
4. Born in Hong Kong, he played centre for New Zealand’s and then England.
5. He and his son were Springbok captains.
6. Born in South Africa, he played for South Africa Under-21, the Brumbies and Australia.
7. A fisherman, this All Black’s biography is entitled It’s Me, Tiger.
8. The provincial team with its headquarters in Dunedin, New Zealand.
9. The star formation on the Australian flag.
10. He played scrumhalf for Ireland and refereed a World Cup final.
1. Clive van Ryneveld
2. Tuppy Owen-Smith
3. Bill Beaumont
4. Jamie Salmon
5. Felix du Plessis
6. Dan Vickerman
7. Peter Jones
9. Southern Cross
10. Alain Rolland