Rugby quiz: Representing two countries
BRAINTEASER: @rugby365com‘s oracle Paul Dobson has dug into the representative archives to make it ‘easier’ for the readers.
Can you finally get a pass-mark?
You will see your score at the end of the quiz and can challenge your friends and rivals.
We will provide the answers to this quiz in the next one, so you can see what the correct answers were.
Be honest and do it on your own and get your own score, not Google‘s answers! Nobody needs to know your score except you yourself, but it may stimulate an interest in rugby’s history.
PS: It is a timed quiz, so cheating and making use of Google to search for answers will see you being timed out!
Good luck and enjoy!
The previous quiz
1. What, in minutes, is the duration of a half in a senior international rugby match?
2. What, amongst match officials, do the letters TMO stand for?
3. It may just be the best pass at the Rugby World Cups so far. It enabled Tim Horan to score against the All Blacks in 1991. Who gave the pass?
4. Where is the 2023 Rugby World Cup scheduled to be played?
5. In 1995 New Zealand scored 145 points in a World Cup match. Who were their opponents?
6. In a team of 23 players, how many must be able to play in the front row?
7. What was William Webb Ellis’s profession – schoolmaster, clergyman or soldier?
8. In which Irish province is the city of Limerick situated?
9. Which country’s national team is known as Os Lobos?
10. Before it became the custom for a hooker to throw into a line-out, what position was the player who usually threw into the line-out?
2. Television Match Official
3. David Campese