Rugby quiz: The 10-out-of-10 challenge
BRAINTEASER: @rugby365com‘s quizmaster Paul Dobson has returned with another great challenge – 10 testing questions!
After the previous edition when a record 259 takers got full marks (yes, they got 100 percent) we are hoping more of you get 10 out of 10.
You will see your score at the end of the quiz and can challenge your friends and rivals.
We will provide the answers to this quiz in the next one, so you can see what the correct answers were.
Be honest and do it on your own and get your own score, not Google’s answers! Nobody needs to know your score except you yourself, but it may stimulate an interest in rugby’s history.
Good luck and enjoy!
1. This country has won every Rugby World Cup final it has played in.
a. Australia; b. New Zealand; c. South Africa.
2. How many tries did Jonah Lomu score against England in the semifinal of the 1995 Rugby World Cup?
a. 3; b. 4; c. 5.
3. Name the New Zealand captain at the 1987 Rugby World Cup
a. Sean Fitzpatrick; b. David Kirk; c. Andrew Slack.
4. In 1995, Australia played Romania. Where did the match take place?
a. Newlands; b. Stellenbosch; c. Port Elizabeth.
5. What is the biggest score by the winners in a Rugby World Cup final
a. 32; b. 34; c. 35.
6. Which country did Severo Koroduadua represent at the Rugby World Cup?
a. Fiji; b. Italy; c. Namibia.
7. Which country won the first Women’s Rugby World Cup
a. England; b. New Zealand; c. USA.
8. Which country represented Africa at the 1987 Rugby World Cup
a. Cote d’Ivoire; b. Namibia; c. Zimbabwe.
8. Who kicked the winning dropped goal in the 2003 World Cup final?
a. Michael Lynagh; b. Joel Stransky; c. Jonny Wilkinson.
9. Name the Frenchman who has refereed a World Cup final.
a. Garcès; b. Jutge; c. Poite.
10. Which stadium hosted the biggest crowd for a Rugby World Cup final?
a. Nissan Stadium; b. Telstra Stadium; c. Twickenham Stadium.
1. South Africa
3. David Kirk
8. Jonny Wilkinson
10. Telstra Stadium
* To have a go at some of our previous quizzes, CLICK HERE!