The ultimate rugby quiz: Saturday version
BRAINTEASER: Take on @rugby365com‘s oracle Paul Dobson in this challenging quiz!
You will see your score at the end of the quiz and can challenge your friends and rivals – as you test your rugby knowledge.
We will provide the answers to this quiz in the next one, so you can see what the correct answers were.
Be honest and do it on your own and get your own score, not google’s answers! Nobody needs to know your score except you yourself, but it may stimulate an interest in rugby’s history.
PS: It is a timed quiz, so cheating and making use of Google to search for answers will see you being timed out!
PPS: It is case sensitive – Sydney University, not sydney university.
Good luck and enjoy!
1. England and Scotland play for the Calcutta Cup. What was it made from?
2. Newlands is the second oldest Test ground in the world. In what city is it situated?
3. What is the name of the town in which Rugby School is situated?
4. Yes or no – will a free kick for a mark be awarded if the mark is made from a drop-out?
5. What country/countries won the World Cup at their first participation?
6. What animal is on the badge of Argentina’s national team?
7. In which city was the final of the 2019 Rugby World Cup played?
8. In which country was seven-a-side rugby first played?
9. Name the only Zimbabwean to captain the Springboks in days when the country was still known as Rhodesia.
10. How old was William Webb Ellis when he is supposed to have picked up the ball and run with it, thus
with a fine disregard of the rules of football as played in his time, first took the ball in his arms and ran with it, “thus originating the distinctive feature of the Rugby game”?
1. Silver rupees
2. Cape Town
5. New Zealand and South Africa
9. Des van Jaarsveld