The ultimate rugby quiz: Surely you won't get 10
BRAINTEASER: Take on @rugby365com‘s oracle Paul Dobson in this challenging quiz!
This World Cup-heavy examination will not just test your rugby knowledge, but gives you a fair chance of getting full marks.
You will see your score at the end of the quiz and can challenge your friends and rivals.
We will provide the answers to this quiz in the next one, so you can see what the correct answers were.
Be honest and do it on your own and get your own score, not google’s answers! Nobody needs to know your score except you yourself, but it may stimulate an interest in rugby’s history.
PS: It is a timed quiz, so cheating and making use of Google to search for answers will see you being timed out!
PPS: It is case sensitive – Sydney University, not sydney university.
Good luck and enjoy!
1. Who was the captain of the winners of the first Rugby World Cup?
2. What is the oldest provincial union in South Africa?
3. Who normally receives the Bouclier de Brennus each year?
4. Where was Sergio Parisse born?
5. Name the first rugby club founded.
6. Name the referee in the 2017 Women’s Rugby World Cup final.
7. Name the South Africa whose idea became the Hong Kong Sevens.
8. Name the Dunedin cobbler who developed the five-eighth in New Zealand.
9. Who is the present chairman of World Rugby?
10. Which famous ground was/is known occasionally as Billy Williams’s Cabbage Patch?
1. David Kirk
2. Western Province
3. Winners of the French championship, currently the Top 14
4. La Plata, Argentina
5. Guy’s Hospital, founded in 1843
6. Joy Neville
7. Tokkie Smith
8. Jimmy Duncan
9. Bill Beaumont
* Previous quizes, CLICK HERE!