The ultimate rugby quiz: Sunday version
BRAINTEASER: Take on @rugby365com‘s oracle Paul Dobson in this challenging quiz!
You will see your score at the end of the quiz and can challenge your friends and rivals – as you test your rugby knowledge.
We will provide the answers to this quiz in the next one, so you can see what the correct answers were.
Be honest and do it on your own and get your own score, not google’s answers! Nobody needs to know your score except you yourself, but it may stimulate an interest in rugby’s history.
PS: It is a timed quiz, so cheating and making use of Google to search for answers will see you being timed out!
PPS: It is case sensitive – Sydney University, not sydney university.
Good luck and enjoy!
1. What was World Rugby’s name before 2014?
2. In what year was the Currie Cup brought to South Africa?
3. Who refereed the final of the 2019 Rugby World Cup?
4. World Rugby’s latest Sevens Tournament was played in Vancouver. Which Canadian province is Vancouver in?
5. What is the New Zealand nickname for the Ranfurly Shield?
6. How many lines, whole or dash, are there parallel to the touch lines on the field of play?
7. How many languages are sung in the South African anthem before Test matches?
8. What is the name of the earliest rugby club in South Africa still functioning?
9. How many players were there in an Irish team that played Ireland’s very first international in 1875?
10. What natural phenomenon stopped the match between the USA and France in 1991?
3. Jérôme Garcès of France
4. British Columbia
5. Log of Wood
7. Five – Xhosa, Zulu, Sesotho, Afrikaans and English