The ultimate rugby quiz: Who wrote the book 'Beware of the Dog'?
BRAINTEASER: Take on @rugby365com‘s oracle Paul Dobson in this mental challenge!
After yesterday’s tough examination, we bring a bit more variety in this version in the hope that the readers score higher.
Given that less than three percent got full marks (100 percent) and less than 10 percent got above 60, we hope for a better performance this time.
You will see your score at the end of the quiz and can challenge your friends and rivals.
We will provide the answers to this quiz in the next one, so you can see what the correct answers were.
Be honest and do it on your own and get your own score, not google’s answers! Nobody needs to know your score except you yourself, but it may stimulate an interest in rugby’s history.
PS: It is a timed quiz, so cheating and making use of Google to search for answers will see you being timed out!
PPS: It is case sensitive – Sydney University, not sydney university.
Good luck and enjoy!
1. There have been nine Rugby World Cup tournaments. Name the Northern Hemisphere winner.
2. South Africa have won three finals. How many tries, in total, have they scored in those three finals?
3. Which player has totalled the most points in World Cup Tournaments?
4. In years how old was Jonah Lomu at the 1995 Rugby World Cup?
5. Chester Williams and Bryan Habana have each scored four tries in World Cup matches. Name the opponents.
6. Name the coach of the first team to win the World Cup.
7. In a semifinal in 1999, who kicked a dropped goal for Australia?
8. Name the team beaten 36-0 by South Africa in 2007.
9. Name the players who was twice captain of his team win winning the Rugby World Cup.
10. Who has refereed most Rugby World Cup Finals?
3. Jonny Wilkinson
6. Brian Lochore
7. Stephen Larkham
9. Richie McCaw
10. André Watson