Get Newsletter

Beale signs for the Force after court case

NEWS: Wallaby utility back Kurtley Beale has joined Super Rugby strugglers Western Force, as he resumes his career after being cleared of sexual assault.

ADVERTISEMENT

The 35-year-old has signed for the Perth-based outfit, who currently sit bottom of the table, until the end of the Super Rugby season, the Western Force said.

“I know I have plenty to offer and I’m grateful for the opportunity to continue playing the game that I love,” Beale said in a statement.

He played 95 times for Australia, but had been suspended from all forms of the game after being arrested in January 2023 and charged over an alleged incident in the bathroom of a Sydney pub.

Beale repeatedly denied the allegations and was acquitted of all three charges in February, allowing him to play again after missing out on appearing at a fourth World Cup.

He played his first game, since that court case, last month – for Sydney side Randwick in an Australian club championship game in Brisbane.

Force coach Simon Cron said they had signed Beale as injury cover after regular fullback Harry Potter underwent ankle surgery.

ADVERTISEMENT

“He [Beale] will add valuable experience and rugby brains to our playing group,” Cron added.

The Force suffered their sixth defeat in seven games this season when they were thrashed 50-3 by the Blues on Friday.

Join free

Allianz Premiership Women's Rugby 2023/24 | Round 15 Highlights

New Zealand v USA | Pacific Four Series 2024 | Full Match Replay

Pieter-Steph du Toit, The Malmesbury Missile, in conversation with Big Jim

Australia v Canada | Pacific Four Series 2024 | Full Match Replay

Rugby Africa Women's Cup | Madagascar v Cameroon | Full Match Replay

The Antoine Dupont Interview

Fresh Starts | Episode 3 | Cobus Reinach

Aotearoa Rugby Podcast | Episode 11

Chasing The Sun | Series 1 Episode 1

Write A Comment