Get Newsletter

REPORT: Sharks cough up big money for Kolisi

TRANSFER TALK: Stormers captain Siya Kolisi is reportedly heading to the Sharks.


The World Cup-winning captain Kolisi’s playing future has been under the spotlight ever since the Sharks’ partnership with MVM Holdings was officially unveiled.

MVM Holdings, an international investment consortium spearheaded by Marco Masotti, entered into an agreement to purchase a 51 percent majority stake in the Sharks with the KwaZulu-Natal Rugby Union and SuperSport International holding the remaining 49 percent of the franchise.

With millions of dollars flooding into Durban, the franchise is set to be significantly strengthened over the next few years through player acquisitions and Kolisi’s name has popped up on numerous occasions

One of MVM Holdings’ partners is Vincent Mai, who has a very close relationship with Kolisi. The Springbok captain was the first recipient of the Vincent Mai Bursary Scheme, which allowed him to attend prestigious Grey High in Port Elizabeth.

Kolisi also has a management deal with Roc Nation Sports International. The company’s president, Michael Yormark, is also one of Masotti’s partners.

While Kolisi along with the Stormers have denied the rumour mill, Netwerk24 recently reported that the Cape Town franchise have accepted a million rand offer from the Sharks.


The media outlet also revealed that the transfer is set to be announced this week.

Source: Netwerk24

*Also read:

Siya Kolisi is going nowhere’
Sharks will ‘gladly accept’ Kolisi

Write A Comment