Rugby quiz: How good is your World Cup knowledge?
BRAINTEASER: @rugby365com‘s oracle Paul Dobson has dug into the World archives to make it ‘easier’ for the readers.
Can you get a full-house from this one?
You will see your score at the end of the quiz and can challenge your friends and rivals.
We will provide the answers to this quiz in the next one, so you can see what the correct answers were.
Be honest and do it on your own and get your own score, not Google‘s answers! Nobody needs to know your score except you yourself, but it may stimulate an interest in rugby’s history.
PS: It is a timed quiz, so cheating and making use of Google to search for answers will see you being timed out!
Good luck and enjoy!
1. Name the South African captain the first time that South Africa won a Test match.
2. When Baron de Coubertin was gather ideas for the Olympic Games, which school in England did he examine?
3. The Vicomtesse de Montmorte owned land on which a famous rugby ground was developed. Which ground was that?
4. Who scored the winning try for France in the semifinal of the 1987 Rugby World Cup.
5. In what city did Italy beat South Africa in 2016?
6. In the first match of the 1995 Rugby World Cup, a player scored in all four ways – try, penalty, drop and conversion. Name him.
7. In the Anglo-Boer two rugby internationals were awarded Victoria Crosses. What was their nationality?
8. Name the head coach of the Italian national team.
9. What top club in the Western Province was formed by players who played beach rugby on Muizenberg beach?
10. Name the capital of Australia, home to a Super Rugby team.
1. Barry Heatlie
4. Serge Blanco
6. Joel Stransky
8. Franco Smith
9. False Bay