Rugby quiz: Testing your Test match knowledge
BRAINTEASER: @rugby365com‘s oracle Paul Dobson has decided to test the readers’ Test match knowledge.
Can you finally get 100 percent?
You will see your score at the end of the quiz and can challenge your friends and rivals.
We will provide the answers to this quiz in the next one, so you can see what the correct answers were.
Be honest and do it on your own and get your own score, not Google’s answers! Nobody needs to know your score except you yourself, but it may stimulate an interest in rugby’s history.
PS: It is a timed quiz, so cheating and making use of Google to search for answers will see you being timed out!
Good luck and enjoy!
1. How long is a full-size field?
2. What was the first name of the man after whom the Currie Cup was named?
3. What national team has Sekope Kepu played for?
4. Name the last hooker to captain the All Blacks.
5. Born and died in Hawick, he became a famous rugby commentator whose son-in-law and a grandson played scrumhalf for Scotland. Name him.
6. What is defined as “A phase of play consisting of a ball-carrier and at least one player from each team bound together and on their feet”.
7. Name the referee in the 2019 Rugby World Cup final.
8. Name the club which won the 2019 French Top 14.
9. In what country was the tomb of William Webb Ellis found in 1957?
10. On what day of the week is the Varsity Cup played in South Africa?